Travelling abroad can be quite pricey and most tourists are on a budget today, no matter what country they visit. Luckily the Mother City understands that there are those budget travellers and offers exceptionally fantastic places for budget prices. So you still get the thrill of fantastic accommodation in one of the most beautiful cities in Cape Town, but you only pay a quarter of what you would in a 5 star hotel.
The 5 places we have picked out below are chosen with the tourist in mind and all have the perfect balance of setting, price and excellent service:
- Mountain Rise – A small modern 6 bedroomed cottage setting on a large prime estate in the heart of Hout Bay. The Guest House is close to all amenities including the Hout Bay Beach. The guest house has WiFi, big flat screen TV’s and lovely service. There is a big patio to enjoy breakfast or an evening sundowner. Rates are from R390 p/p sharing.
- Winelands Lodge – In the heart of Durbanville there is an exquisite guest house named the Winelands Lodge, surrounded by the enthralling view of the Helderberg Mountains, all rooms are en suite and is only 25km from the Waterfront and the Airport. There is a fantastic mini Bar and a beautiful pool. Rates are from R450 p/p sharing.
- Saltycrax Backpackers – If you enjoy the relaxed vibe of a backpackers then this would be ideal for you. The idea for a backpackers is nothing fancy, a place to rest your head and mingle with interesting people from the rest of the globe, cheap rates and good solid all round entertainment. The staff are incredibly helpful and rates are from R208 p/p sharing.
- Leeuwenzee Guest House – Right at the foot of Lions Head located in Sea Point, is a lovely little guest house that offers Airport transfers, Laundry service internet access, a mini bar and fantastic Cape style breakfasts. Unit pricing ranges from R790 p/p sharing.
- Hollow on the Square – If you choose to live on a budget and stay in the city bowl then Hollow on the square would be the answer. Close to all amenities and really ideally situated for the tourist, with all the services you could ever need at your fingertips as well as a fantastic restaurant that is open from 06h30 – 22h00 every day, as well as being available for group luncheons. Prices range from R725 p/p sharing.
Above are the budget cream of the crop, there is however budget accommodation that we have not mentioned which you may pick up on a google search, remember always to make sure that the site where you research your information is reputable and there is a first hand account of the places being reviewed.